Maintaining independence within your own home
Community Care enables people to remain in their own homes independently for as long as possible. Community Care supports lifestyle choices by providing a diverse range of services to people in their homes, people with a disability or those recovering from a stay in hospital or recovering from an illness.
These are offered on a fee for service basis. Services can be negotiated from as little as 30 minutes to 24 hour care. For more information on our services please call us on 1800 620 356.
Are you looking for home healthcare support? Here are some of the services we provide.
Our nursing care services include:
- Comprehensive nursing assessments
- Palliative care
- Post acute care
- Wound care (including complex wound care)
- Continence care
- Stoma care
- Administration of medications
- Blood glucose testing & diabetic management
- Administration of suppositories, enemas and pessaries
- Colostomy care
- Complex health teaching and counselling
Personal care typically focuses on providing assistance with activities of daily living, such as:
- Assistance/supervision with showering, sponging
- Assistance with dressing and undressing
- Assistance with shaving, hair care and grooming
- Limited nail care
- Assistance with mobility and transferring, e.g.
- In bed, to sit up or to turn
- Out of bed, to stand, walk and sit
- Transfer to commode, wheelchair, chair, vehicle
- Assistance with eating and drinking, including cooking and preparation of food and special diets
- Assistance with toileting
- Assistance with prescribed exercise or therapy programs
- Fitting of aids or appliances, such as splints, following professional assessment and education
- Accompanying clients to appointments (by taxi), e.g. doctor, bank etc.
- Monitoring medication (i.e. prompting people to take prescribed medications
Our staff can help clients with meal preparation, laundry or general household duties. We also offer once off spring cleaning services to provide you with that bit of extra help when you need it.
We often receive requests to provide relief for family carers. This type of care is called respite care and can vary from an hour a week, to a few hours a day or for weekends. Our care staff are trained to tend to the needs of your loved one, while you are away.
Palliative care is specialised care and support provided for someone living with a life-limiting condition.
Whilst ensuring the rights of our clients and their families is upheld to make day to day decisions Port Stephens Veterans & Citizens Aged Care can provide the following support during this difficult and sad time:
- Home Nursing
- Pain management
- Emotional support
- Respite for the care giver
- Liaison between the home, hospital, and doctors
- Advice on equipment for nursing care at home
- Bereavement support
Port Stephens Veterans & Citizens Aged Care provides care to clients who are suffering from many forms of dementia, both in the early, mid and later stages. With our support, we can make both the client and family carers more comfortable, helping to ease the burden of responsibility that such care can bring. For more information, please see the Specialty Services section.
Port Stephens Veterans & Citizens Aged Care are able to provide clients and their family with the assurance that experienced and compassionate staff will be available to accompany clients to their personal appointments, doctor appointments, shopping, etc.
Complete the Community Booking Request Form
Back to top