New Graduate Program
Port Stephens Veterans and Citizens Aged Care Ltd offer opportunities to motivated new graduates looking to participate in a twelve month Nurse Graduate development program. The Nurse Graduate Program’s goal is to provide new graduates with practical learning opportunities that compliment their Bachelor of Nursing. The goal is to provide training and experience that meets the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council’s National Competency Standards for Registered Nurses.
- We work with the graduate to provide a program of experience and mentorship across a range of residential and community services.
- The new nurse graduate will be employed on a full time fixed term contract for 12 months.
- There will be one position offered per year.
- The customised program offers clinical placements at our high care facility, community nursing and/or dementia specific facility.
- Before commencing the program the new nurse graduate will attend general orientation and computer training for electronic care planning. The induction program focuses on essential Manual Handling competency and assessment, Infection Control competency assessment and Work Health & Safety.
The Work Environment
The Care Coordinator at each facility will provide support to assist the new nurse graduate in achieving their clinical development goals and provide them with on-the-job guidance.
A Clinical Nurse Specialist is available to facilitate opportunities for the new nurse offering information, guidance and provide constructive comments to support their career development.
Staff Development and Training Programs
As an employee of Port Stephens Veterans and Citizens Aged Care Ltd, the new nurse graduate will have access to our staff development programs which may include in-service education; self directed learning packages, appropriate external education and library resources.
Career Progression and Permanent Employment
On completion of the New Nurse Graduate Program there may be the opportunity for career progression and continued employment at Port Stephens Veterans and Citizens Aged Care Ltd.
How to Apply
To apply please send your resume and application letter addressing all the essential and desirable criteria to:
Human Resources Manager
Port Stephens Veterans and Citizens Aged Care Ltd
Shoal Bay Rd
Shoal Bay NSW 2315
Phone: (02) 4984 1811
Back to top